CLICK ABOVE to watch Laura’s Presentation on What “City Slickers” Can Teach About Trust and Results
How to Give & Receive Effective Feedback
In this audio presentation delivered to a group of Young Professionals at MHI, hear Laura discuss the following key points about giving and receiving feedback effectively:
- Effective Feedback is a powerful means of helping individuals learn and grow by improving their behavior.
- Reinforcing feedback (when delivered specifically and sincerely) is very important and is often underestimated in terms of its impact on an organization’s culture.
- Effectively delivered developmental feedback can lead to stronger relationships, improved performance, and a more robust healthy company culture.
- We all have emotional reactions to feedback. By understanding other peoples’ reactions to feedback and by managing ourselves, we can become more effective at giving and receiving feedback.
- Feedback is appropriate at all levels of an organization and is not just reserved for performance problems or formal performance appraisal conversations.
CLICK ABOVE to watch Laura’s Presentation on Giving and Receiving Feedback Effectively
CLICK ABOVE to watch Laura’s Presentation on DiSC and Leadership
CLICK ABOVE to watch Laura’s Presentation on Emotional Intelligence
CLICK ABOVE to watch Laura’s Presentation on Primary Leadership Dimension
In this video interview, Laura A. Davis provides a brief overview of the importance of helping leaders identify their unique talents and learn how to connect and communicate more effectively to create healthy, profitable work environments. The interview highlights the ROI anyone can receive by applying Laura’s brand of “people-whispering” and her “principles for inspired success.” For example, she mentions the importance of speaking to the other person in their language and removing the internal barriers to excellence that can get in our way. Laura also highlights her coaching approach of focusing on strengths and enhancing self-esteem.
- Business Talk Radio
- How to be an effective leader and team worker, and work toward an Agile culture – Guest interview with GWBC Radio
- Emotional Intelligence & Leadership and Team Agility: HOW AGILE ARE YOU? – Guest interview with Mission Facilitators
- Greater Women’s Business Council Radio Show
- People Whispering Radio Show
- Spiritual Partnering with DiSC
- Building Bridges with Emotional Intelligence & DiSC – Biz Rocket Business Radio Show
Laura’s interview starts approximately at 18 minutes
Award Winning Articles
“The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think.”
— Edwin Schlossberg —
ICF (International Coaching Federation) Coaching World article “Toward a Cartography of Learning”
For the entire issue containing this Laura A. Davis article and also featuring Nancy Duarte,
Abby Tripp Heverin, Lynn Berger, Amoráh Ross, Joey Harman, Dr. Bernadette Crompton,
and Charles Brassard – Click Here
Principles for Inspired Success Ezine — Tips, Tools, and Resources for People-Whispering:
- Issue #31, May-June 2011 – Hey Brother, Can You Spare a Paradigm?
- Issue #30, March-April 2011 – Is Focusing On Strengths Enough? Challenging Some Assumptions About Leadership and Emotional Intelligence
- Issue #29, February 2011 – Need More Time? Find It With Flow!
- Issue #28, January 2011 – Why Is Change So Hard? Using HIFI for Effective, Sustainable Change
- Issue #27, November-December 2011 – Back to the Future: Reinventing Empowered Workplaces
- Issue #26, October 2010 – The True Meaning of FEAR in the Workplace
- Issue #25, September 2010 – Listening for Profit and Pleasure
- Issue #24, August 2010 – The Coach Approach for Leaders/Managers: Free 360 Consultations!
- Issue #23, July 2010 – Lessons in Leadership and Tender Power: What Can Leaders (YOU) Learn from Princess Diana’s Legacy?
- Issue #22, June 2010 – Tender Power for Our Times
- Issue #21, May 2010 – Energizing Employees Begins with YOU and WORKPLACE DiSC
- Issue #20, April 2010 – Do You Know the Keys To Employee Engagement?
- Issue #19, March 2010 – Testing Our Assumptions
- Issue #18, February 2010 – Influence Without Authority but With Love
- Issue #17, January 2010 – The Leadership Gap as a Future Imperative